Make it easy for people to do the right things; make it hard for people to do the wrong things.
- Being a developer after 40
- Beating the averages
- Richard Feynman explains how magnets work
- 15 Fundamental Laws of Software Development
- Neural doodles
- What is your golden rule?
- Write code every day
- The advantage of abundant thinking
- There’s no speed limit
- Writing great documentation
- How to report a bug
- Elixir and Elm - the perfect couple
- Behaviour trees for AI
- Life is short
- Rust: Introducing MIR
- Guide to HTTP and REST
- Never trust the client
- What every programmer needs to know about game networking
- Building a game network protocol
- Source Multiplayer Networking
- Sketch Simplification using Convolutional Networks
- How Erlang does scheduling
- Reinforcement learning
- Do Experienced Programmers Use Google Frequently?
- Do Not Let Technical Debt Get Out of Control
- Effective code reviews
“Never memorize something that you can look up.”
- Microsoft has been launching interesting online services recently.
- Old book illustrations is a great source of article thumbnails. Here are more.
- Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition is out! Definitely pick it up if you haven’t.
- While listening to another person but before making a point, it’s good to start by addressing common grounds before raising any opposing view. The other party may have a point but perhaps has overlooked something. Try to focus on evaluating the ideas. Remember, people are neither ‘smart’ nor ‘dumb’ - sometimes people just have underdeveloped ideas.
- Technical debt is much more painful than expected. So don’t be afraid to get hands dirty and fix things as and when they come.
- Vertical integration is key to building your startup’s ecosystem, which will be difficult for competitors to replicate.
- Nostalgia (Ristorante Paradiso)
- Snowdin Town
- Melodies of Life
- Jesters of the Moon
- Rose of May
- Dearly Beloved
📬 Get updates straight to your inbox.
Subscribe to my newsletter to make sure you don't miss anything.